Monday, August 22, 2011

Why Haven't I Been Here Before?

So I've gone the whole summer without going to a race. I have been going through withdrawal! So my friend Amy, her daughter Meagan, and I hit up the local track in Birch Run on Friday night. Why have I never been to Dixie Motor Speedway before? We had a blast! Definitely planning to go again!





Every race has a "fly over" after the National Anthem, this was ours tonight.



The Sprint Cup was at MIS this weekend, so driver Kenny Schrader came up to race at Dixie. We got pics and autographs before the race.






Becca Kasten (remember that name!) dominated all night. She (that's right boys "she") was lapping those boys big time. She was the car to beat until she ran out of fuel on the last lap. :(





Winner was Chase Elliott (son of Bill Elliott). Yes, he does have a baby face, he's only 15 and has already been signed by Hendrick Motorsports! A new "young gun" for NASCAR! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment