OK, so I'm a little behind with the updates. So here they go:
1.) We received I600a approval. What does this mean? The the US Government finds us fit and qualified to care for an orphan from Korea. As many of my friends have told me "Well, Duh!" However, this approval is another step in the process and we are glad to have it done. We continue to wait for news on our referral.
2.) We started camping. We bought a used camper this spring and have taken two short trips and have enjoyed the new adventures we can go on together. We also look forward to one day being able to share these adventures with our child. Oh, the wonderful memories of camping as a child that come back to me!
3.) I have a new job! I am so stunned and excited to be starting a new job for this coming school year. I finally have a school counselor position. I will be an elementary school counselor in a school district close to our home. Although I will miss everyone at Trinity, I am looking forward to fulfilling a long time career goal. Not to mention not having to commute 40 minutes each way to work.
4.) We have become an aunt and uncle! Dave's sister and her husband welcomed a sweet and energetic little boy into their home via adoption. His name is Zak and he will soon turn 2 years old. It is so wonderful for Heather and Mike and we look forward to spoiling him with super loud toys :)
So that's what new with us. Take care and enjoy your summer!

No comments:
Post a Comment